Tattoo Designs

Thursday 21 July 2011

Barbie Dresses


Barbie Dresses

While going through some old boxes during our last move, I found a box with many of the Barbie Dresses my grandmother had made. The finding inspired me! I would make new  with today’s fabrics for my Barbie doll.
Barbie Dresses
What could be better than handmade Barbie Dresses? They are hard to find in this day and age because people don’t have or make time to sew like they used to. As I began creating Beautiful Barbie Dresses, everyone who saw them wanted to buy them so I added them to my online craft store.
Barbie Dresses
I couldn’t believe the response. I have received so many emails from people who told me beautiful stories of their mothers, aunts, and grandmothers who handmade theirBarbie Dresses when they were children. I then knew that bringing back handmade doll clothes for today’s families would be the beginning of new traditions and would help create beautiful memories and gifts that could be passed down through generations. In a world where everything is so commercialized, going back to the basics with Barbiehas reminding me of a wonderful time in my childhood.
Barbie Dresses
Today, my greatest joy is knowing that my creations will be passed down through generations to come and that I have a hand in helping today’s children create memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment